This morning, the Premier announced that the lockdown impacting the 11 South-East Queensland Local Government Areas (LGAs) will be lifted this afternoon at 4:00pm.
The Brisbane Golf Club will therefore re-open on Monday, 9 August 2021 at the normal time, subject to the following restrictions until 4:00pm Sunday, 22 August 2021:
- masks must continue to be worn indoors, except for while seated and eating or drinking. Masks must also continue to be worn outdoors where physical distancing is not possible;
- patron density limits of one (1) person per four (4) square meters indoors and one (1) person per two (2) square meters outdoors;
- patrons must be seated while eating and drinking;
- there can be up to 20 people attend weddings and funerals; and
- there is no dancing, except at weddings.
It is important to note that during this period, golf will be permitted as a form of exercise, under the following conditions:
- Up to four golfers per group;
- Compulsory check-in for all Members using the Check in QLD App on arrival;
- Masks to be worn when physical distancing is not possible;
- Standard club and social play only;
- No honour board and major competitions to be held. These will be re-scheduled with a separate email with the revised dates to be sent out in the new few days;
- No presentations;
- No NTP’s;
- Flagsticks to remain in with pool noodles again to be installed;
- No rakes in bunkers and COVID-19 rules in bunkers to apply;
- Ball washers to be removed;
- Guests will be permitted;
- One player per cart (unless Members of the same household). Please be advised carts will be allocated on a first in, first served basis;
- The driving range and practice facilities to be open with a reminder that physical distancing and heightened hygiene must be observed;
- Individual golf tuition to be available with masks to be worn; and
- The Garden Room will remain open, but the Clubhouse will be closed unless for the purpose of a major event.
Timesheets and existing bookings will remain as they are.
Based on our experience to date we acknowledge these directions may change as further information becomes available. If this does occur we will advise Members accordingly and make any necessary adjustments.
If you have any questions, please contact myself or our CEO, Geoff Kuehner via reply email.
Mark Deuble, President