The qualifying rounds of this year’s Club Championships will be held over the last weekend in May 2021 and the first week in June 2021. Please find the exact dates and additional information below:
A Grade and C Grade 1st Round Saturday, 29 May 2021, A Grade off the 1st tee, C Grade off the 10th tee.
A Grade and C Grade 2nd Round Sunday, 6 June 2021, A Grade off the 10th tee, C Grade off the 1st tee.
B Grade 1st Round Sunday, 30 May 2021, off the 1st tee.
B Grade 2nd Round Saturday, 5 June 2021, off the 10th tee.
Byneset Trophy Qualifying Round is Sunday, 30 May 2021.
1st Round either Saturday, 29 May 2021 off the 10th tee, or Tuesday, 1 June 2021, utilising either the 1st or 10th tees.
2nd Round either Thursday, 3 June 2021, utilising either the 1st or 10th tees, or Saturday, 5 June 2021 off the 1st tee.
The Junior Girls qualifying round is Sunday, 23 May 2021.
- The timesheets for all qualifying rounds will open at 6am on Monday, 10 May 2021 for all Members playing in the Club Championships.
- Play will be in groups of 4 within each grade at 8 minute intervals on the Saturdays and Sundays of qualifying, and 8 minute intervals mid-week. Junior girls to be played in groups of 3 unless numbers dictate groups of 4.
- Due to the irrigation project ongoing throughout the Club Championships, the actual course set up for the qualifying rounds and matchplay rounds will be determined closer to the date(s).
- All the match play competitions (men and women) will be played at their designated timeslot on the dates as follows;
- Quarter-final matches to be played on Sunday, 13 June 2021.
- Semi-final matches to be played on Sunday, 20 June 2021.
- Championship finals to be played on Sunday, 27 June 2021.
- The Junior Girls will not have any quarter finals.
Click heret o see the categories available to all Members.
Club Championships 2021 Conditions
- All ties in qualifying will be decided by countback.
- Motorised carts cannot be used for those players wishing to qualify for the Men’s Club Championships, Women’s Club Championships, H.W. Herbert Junior Boys’ Championship and the Junior Girl’s Championship, unless a current medical certificate is supplied.
- All matches to be played on the day scheduled.
- Players who qualify for more than one event must inform the Match Committee before 5pm on Sunday, 6 June 2021, their chosen event.
- Draws for all categories will be available on Monday, 7 June 2021.
- Players must qualify on the days nominated for their grades, failure to do so will make a player ineligible for match play rounds.
- Grades will be determined on actual GA handicap on Monday, 10 May 2021 using the ratings for the Yeerongpilly Layout, irrespective on the actual course routings played during the Club Championships. Any Member qualifying for a handicap event, will play off their GA as of Monday, 10 May 2021, but utilising the course of the day’s ratings to determine their daily handicap. The GA handicap as of Monday, 10 May 2021 will be used throughout the duration of the Club Championships.
- Any male Members who are utilising the Centurion Club criteria are eligible for the A. H. Colledge Trophy (36 hole nett event), Veterans Handicap and Byneset Trophy, along with the daily nett run down only.
- If there are excess numbers in any particular grade, these excess players will be placed on a wait list and inserted into a vacant timeslot of their preference (AM or PM) prior to the timesheet opening up for Members. i.e. the wait list will receive preferential treatment over the remaining Members wishing to play on any day their grade is not scheduled to be played. e.g. If there are more than 112 A Graders playing on their designated day, then these players will fill any vacant spots in C Grade, prior to B Graders putting their names into the timesheet.
- Distance measuring devices are allowed but must not be able to measure elevation, wind, temperature or other environmental factors in accordance with the current rules.
We take this opportunity to wish all Members participating in the Club Championships the very best of luck.
Alan Grieve,Captain Helen Caris, Ladies’ Captain