A bequest is the perfect way to ensure your love of The Brisbane Golf Club lives on. Remembering the Club in your Will leaves a lasting legacy for future generations.
Should you decide to make a bequest, your financial gift will be invested into a future fund which will be built and sustained to secure the long term future of the Club. A finance committee comprising of selected committee members will be responsible for the future fund and will establish and develop strategies for its best use. It is the intent that only income earned from the future fund will be accessed and used to support the future development of The Brisbane Golf Club.
The approval of members would be required to use the future fund in any other way.
Including a bequest to The Brisbane Golf Club is a simple task, however, before doing anything the Club recommends you seek independent financial and legal advice about all of the implications of making a bequest.
There are a number of different types of bequests. A few examples are listed below.
1. You could choose to leave a cash amount to the Club in your will.
2. The residue of your estate or percentage thereof after you have provided for your family and friends.
3. You may choose to bequest a specific percentage of your whole estate.
4. You may choose to give a specific item of property such as land or shares.
5. You may simply wish to construct a memorial of some type on the golf course and these opportunities are also currently available.
If you’re thinking of a memorial for a family member or friend there are a range of options available including Seats at Tee Locations, Fountains, Stone Steps to Tees, Stone Tee Markers, Stone Buggy Path Junctions, Stone Bins with Sand Buckets, and Buggy Bridges. These items range from $3,000 to $50,000.
By informing the Club of your bequest you will enable us to thank you in your lifetime. On the other hand, any request to remain anonymous would be respected.
If you would like to register your interest in leaving a bequest please complete the enquiry form below which will be sent to Geoff Kuehner the general manager of The Brisbane Golf Club in the strictest of confidence. Alternatively, you can contact Geoff via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0411 412 666.