The Premier this morning advised that the current lockdown of the greater Brisbane area would conclude at 6pm this evening. This is great news and means The Brisbane Golf Club will open again from tomorrow morning.
While the lockdown has ended, some restrictions will apply for the next 10 days until 1am on Friday, 22 January 2021.
- Members and guests are advised to carry a face mask with them at all times and to wear one if they are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people. Our face to face staff will wear a face mask at all times.
- Members and guests must again be seated while eating and drinking. You can still approach the bar or self service area.
- The Club will again revert to the one person per four square metre rule in all areas and these limits will be displayed at each entrance.
The Club has been asked to reiterate the importance of contact tracing. Therefore, if you are attending the Club and your name in not on the timesheet, your will be required to register your attendance electronically by using your smart phone to scan our QR Code and submit your details. If you do not have a smart phone ask one of our staff to do this for you.
Being closed over the weekend impacted the opening round of the Summer Cup and the revised schedule will be as follows:
- Saturday 16/1 – Round 1 of the Summer Cup
- Saturday 23/1 – Round 2 of the Summer Cup
- Saturday 30/1 – Round 3 of the Summer Cup and Monthly Medal in conjunction
- Sunday 31/1 – Round 4 of the Summer Cup
The Ladies’ competitions on the three Saturdays listed above will be a Single Stableford as originally scheduled.
Members are asked to remind themselves of our COVID-19 Member Guidelines which can be read by clicking here.
As always if you have any questions please contact myself or our CEO, Geoff Kuehner via reply email.
Mark Deuble, President